"The promise we made with "Beauty and the Beast" will be kept, once death is no longer tragedy for us."
"我々が”美女と野獣（Beauty and the Beast）”と交わした約束を守る限り、死は悲劇では無くなりました。"
美女と野獣（Beauty and the Beast）は頭から爪先まで茶色の毛皮で覆われた四本足のアブノーマリティーです。薔薇の咲いた二本の下方向にねじれた角があり、数百の緑色の目と、黒色のカマキリのような二本の後ろ足と、先端がピンクの二本の前足、黒色の下腹部、切り詰められたような尻尾、腹側部に二本の赤い線、そして対となる顎があります。右前足は部分的に黒く、色とりどりな斑点があります。この怪物自体は特殊ではありませんが、その活動サイクルに異常性が認められます。
Beauty and the Beast(F-02-44-T) is a quadrupedal Abnormality covered head to toe in brown fur. It has two downward-curled horns sprouting roses, hundreds of green eyes, two black hind legs like those of a mantis, two forelegs with four-toed feet and pink tips, a black underbelly, a stumpy tail, two red curved lines on its sides, and a set of mandibles. Its right foreleg is partially black with flecks of color. The creature itself is not unique, whereas the abnormality in itself is actually the cycle that it carries.
Beauty and the Beast's special ability is "Full Bloom", which activates if violence work is performed twice in a row. At the end of the second violence work performed by an employee, Beauty and the Beast will die, and thorn vines covered with roses will sprout from the ceiling. Simultaneously, bunches of eyes will emerge from aforementioned employees mouth, accompanied by horns sprouting from their eyes. A big blank eye will appear over the room, blocking the visual, multiple small green irises appear on the eye, overwhelming it until there is no sclera left to fill. After a moment, the eye will disappear, the employee dies and a new Beauty and the Beast creature is created from the employee, effectively ending a cycle. Its mood will max out at the end.
Beauty and the Beast's curse started with the creature being a count, reserved to only live in its castle and never leave. Still, it could hire people to work in the castle. Beauty, a poor woman with green eyes was hired to work in the castle for high wage, but because of the rumor that anyone who enters in the castle is never heard from again, nobody else would accept. As days passed, despite the creature being gentle and giving her the money at the end of each night, Beauty wanted the entire fortune and the castle for herself. She decided to enter to the count's room one day, and stabbed the creature with a knife. But this mistake ended with Beauty becoming the new monster, with the fortune and castle for herself. It's possible that other people, also driven by their own greed, met the same fate before or after the incident of the story.
Where Beauty and the Beast was found and how it arrived in Lobotomy Corporation is still unknown, but if the story isn't fictional, and it is assumed that the creature never left the castle, it's likely that they would have been found in the same castle where the story took place.
Beauty and the Beast responds best to cleanliness and violence. It likes amusements work, and hates nutrition and consensus.
Since Beauty and the Beast's ability activates from repeated violence, it's recommended that players perform cleanliness work instead.
Like all Abnormalities, its energy output changes depending on its mood. It produces a moderate amount of energy when it feels happy or neutral, and drains a moderate amount of energy when distressed.
Beauty and the Beast's mood gauge is divided into 2 sections, distressed and neutral. Under the 70%, it will feel distressed and above it, will be neutral. It only enters in a happy status when its mood reach the maximum.
- "When Beauty and the Beast was exposed to violence, its mood status dramatically gotten better, and Beauty and the Beast produced energy."
- "Violence is proved to boost Beauty and the Beast's energy production efficiency while worsening health status."
- "Beauty and the Beast's health status improved when it was exposed to other types of work instead of violence."
- "Beauty and the Beast fell to the ground when it was exposed to violence in a row."
- "A strange phenomenon occurred to an employee who worked on Beauty and the Beast when it was disappeared. A moment later, a new Beauty and the Beast has appeared."
Final Observation 編集
I see blood puddle here and there in the room.
This is not the blood of employees.
I hear the monster roaring.
It wants to die. Every single day.
These puddles are evidence of monster's futile struggle to end its life.
'Kill me. Stab me with that knife you have."
The monster cannot talk. However, the soul trapped in it can talk and I can hear it.
'Why are you not helping me when you can hear me?'
The monster asks reproachfully.
|Because I don't have a knife.（私にはナイフがない）||Because this problem can't be solved with death.（この問題は死によって解決できない）|
|'You are lying. You know you can pull out that knife out from your pocket whenever you want.'||『そんなこと関係ない。今この瞬間も私は苦しんでいる。この終わらない痛みに比べれば死んだほうがマシよ』
'That's not important. Every single second is an agony for me. Death is a prize compared to this endless pain.'
'But you are right. It is your job to solve it. Not mine.'
'Child, would you make a promise? Would you free me from this cycle when you are ready?'
|Do not make a promise.（約束しない。）||Make a promise.（約束する。）|
|'You have no confident. You don't have a courage to stab me, or free me from this cycle.'||『そう、私はここで死を待ち続けます。』
'Then I will continue waiting for my death here.'
The monster roars, then started pounding its head to the wall.
|OBSERVATION FAIL||OBSERVATION SUCCESS|
- "Beauty was a woman with beautiful green eyes. Also, she was very poor. One day, she had a job. High wage for those who work at the count's house."
- "There was a rumor about count that he is a monster and anyone who entered his castle is never heard from again."
- "This dreadful monster must have eaten all those people,' she thought, and carried a sharp knife in her pocket."
- "The woman worked in the count's house. Though she could not see the monster himself. When the night comes with pitch-black darkness, the monster talked to her. Contrast to her belief, his voice was very gentle and he gave her a lot of money."
- "As days passed, a greed has risen inside of her heart. 'If that count dies, this house and its fortune will be mine!'"
- "One day, she walked into the count's room which she was told not to enter during the day. The count's appearance was horrifying. Hundreds of eyes, four legs, he was not human nor a beast."
- "The woman thought, 'It is better for the world to get rid of this dreadful monster'. She stabbed the monster with her knife."
- "However, surprisingly, the monster started laughing."
- "'What's so funny?' Even before those words escaped her mouth, her body started changing. Hundreds of eyes, four legs, furs sprouting out from her skin. In the end, she looked just like the monster she stabbed."
- "Now, the castle and the fortune were hers."
- "...There is a rumor, anyone who enters the count's castle will be never heard again."
Flavour Text 編集
- "Beauty and the Beast is looking for someone who can lift its curse."
- "The curse cannot be lifted, it only repeats"
- "Death is another delight of birth"
- "Beauty and the Beast thinks its appearance is dreadful and trying to destroy itself."
- Beauty and the Beast's name is an obvious reference to the French fairy tale written by Gabrielle-Suzanne Barbot de Villeneuve.
- Beauty and the Beast's eyes color probably were inherited by Beauty, who also had green eyes, mentioned in the encyclopedia entries.
- The rumor claimed that all who entered the castle died, meaning it may be possible that something in Beauty and the Beast compels people enter to kill it, but the most probably reason is for greed, to stay with the fortune, like in Beauty's story.
|ZAYIN 最も安全||触れてはならない - 夜明けのハンマー - たった一つの罪と何百もの善 - 蓋の空いたウェルチアース - ペスト医師 - お前、ハゲだよ…|
|TETH||捨てられた殺人者 - 美女と野獣 - 血の風呂 - 壊れゆく甲冑 - 宇宙の欠片 - オールドレディ - 罰鳥 - マッチガール - 母なるクモ - 壁に向かう女|
|HE||オールアラウンドヘルパー - 大鳥 - 幸せなテディ - 赤ずきんの傭兵 - 無名の胎児 - 赤い靴 - そりのルドル・タ - 歌う機械 - 銀河の子 - 審判鳥 - 沈黙の対価 - 雪の女王|
|WAW||アルリウネ - 大きくて悪いオオカミ - 憎しみの女王 - 貧しい脚本家の手帳 - 女王蜂 - 白雪姫のりんご - 強欲の王 - 小さな王子|
|ALEPH 最も危険||「何もない」 - 静かなオーケストラ - 白夜~(使徒)- 終末鳥|